SummaryTTP has recently spun out an exciting new start-up company, TTP Ventus, to commercialise its Disc Pump technology. Disc Pump is a revolutionary micropump technology based on acoustic resonance which won a Business Innovation award from the Institute of Physics in 2012. We are in production for our lead customer, while developing new customers, our core technology, and our manufacturing systems in order to grow our business.
This role requires a bright, hands-on Engineer with experience of quality management systems who is keen to develop their skills within a dynamic manufacturing environment. The responsibilities of the role include:
- Support the qualification of new products and their transfer from R&D into routine production.
- Carrying out corrective action and continuous improvement activities covering production machinery, manufacturing processes, and the product itself.
- Maintenance and development of the TTP Ventus Quality Management System.
In this role you will be instrumental in delighting our existing customers and establishing new ones. You will combine the high level of diligence required for quality-related activities with pragmatic and flexible Engineering skills. You must be able to work flexibly as part of a small and agile team, also demonstrating self-motivation and the ability to work independently when required.
Ventus is growing rapidly and, subject to your progress within the business, you will be expected to assume leadership of the Quality function over time.
Qualifications and Training
- A 1st or 2.1 degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing/Production/Operations or similar)
- Formal quality systems training an advantage
Skills and Experience
Essential Skills and Experience
- Clearly demonstrable problem-solving skills gained within both academic and non-academic environments which combine clear, insightful analysis with rapid progress towards a solution.
- Exposure to manufacturing operations involving precision assembly at moderate to high production volumes.
- A working knowledge of quality management systems
- Excellent interpersonal and reporting skills
- Familiarity with SolidWorks (or similar)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience of micron- to mm-scale production processes.
- Experience of managing suppliers, and/or being managed as a supplier
- Part/product qualification (e.g. mould tooling acceptance, design verification, D/PFMEA)
- Audit experience, either as auditor or auditee
- Experience of implementing Statistical Process Control
- Advanced SolidWorks (or similar)