SummaryTTP is an employee-owned consulting business operating from pleasant surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our consultants work on cutting edge technology projects that have a genuine impact on people’s lives. We work with clients ranging from innovative start-ups to some of the world’s most respected technology companies, and we have numerous visitors every day. We are now looking for a Receptionist to join our established front of house team.
We believe first impressions count and you will be responsible for ensuring our clients, customers and visitors are welcomed in a friendly and professional manner. You will join a small, close-knit team, who are responsible for delivering a world-class front of house service. We are looking for somebody enthusiastic about welcoming visitors and coordinating a busy switchboard. You will be a team-player with great judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Welcoming all visitors to TTP, including clients from leading businesses
- Answering and directing internal and external telephone calls using Mitel switchboard
- Ensuring that all visitors are properly directed or collected by a member of staff
- Liaising with the front of house team
- Booking taxis for clients and staff
- Last-minute diary management
- Handling information of sensitive and confidential nature
- Booking rooms
- Ad-hoc activities
- Providing a warm, courteous and prompt welcome on arrival for all visitors
The reception is covered from 8.00 to 6.00, 5 days a week. To make sure we cover the front desk there are two shifts, from 8.00 - 4.30 and 9.30 - 6.00, team members usually alternate every week. There will be flexibility within the team to swap shifts.
Qualifications and Training
Skills and Experience
You should be comfortable multi-tasking, and have some or all of the following:
- Previous experience working in a busy front desk environment is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion when answering queries
- Adaptability with a high-quality work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate experience of handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality