SummaryBuilding on your background in life science instrumentation, this role presents the opportunity to join an advanced technology development team, serving an international client base. You will have first-hand experience of what it takes to develop advanced biological instrumentation and get new products to market. Working in our growing Life Science team you will bring commercial insight and fresh ideas to help direct our research and technology development activities.
The Consultant Bio-instrumentation Developer role offers the opportunity to contribute to some of the newest and most exciting technology advances in the life sciences industry. If you have an interest in developing new tools, methodologies and instrumentation for life-sciences research and diagnostics, this role presents a great opportunity to advance your career. Development opportunities will be driven by your life science insight and you will be capable of translating these insights into practical engineered solutions. With strong commercial acumen, you will help to define and manage projects, enjoy working in a laboratory environment and be equally at home presenting to clients.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and will enjoy creating elegant, manufacturable solutions to complex technical challenges. This is a client facing role, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Training
• A 1st class or 2.1 degree in a relevant scientific/technical discipline (for example physics, engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or bioengineering) with pertinent doctoral or employment experience in physical bioinstrumentation system or tool development.
Skills and Experience
• Curiosity, imagination and creativity.
• Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals, physical principles and demonstrated ability to translate biology process to physical systems.
• Concrete experience gained developing life science instrumentation.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Self motivated with a passion for developing new tools for research and clinical biology.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with ISO 13485 and regulated development processes.
• Experience of project-leadership would be a distinct advantage.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV – which should give examples from your experience showing that you have the required skills – stating the reference number above.