SummaryCan you flourish in the fertile ground between electronics and science? We need experienced electronic engineers to spearhead one of the most rapidly expanding and exciting sectors of the company, developing unique solutions in DNA testing, bioprocess and cell therapy.
The Consultant Electronics Engineer role offers the opportunity to contribute to some of the newest and most exciting technology advances in the life sciences industry. This role involves taking a flexible approach to development, implementing high level modular designs in early prototypes, through to detailed, low-cost custom designs for commercialisation. Typical life science projects are agile and multidisciplinary, often involving close-knit teams of scientists and engineers. As an example, a typical system might involve control of biology, fluidics, dynamic mechanisms, optics and high-speed signal processing.
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and will enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to complex technical challenges. This is a client facing role, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills. In addition to your strong academic background, you will have gained valuable experience working in a commercial, product development environment for a minimum of 3-5 years.
Qualifications and Training
• A 1st or Upper 2nd class Electronic Engineering degree from a leading university.
Skills and Experience
• Curiosity, imagination and creativity.
• Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• At least 3 years experience developing electronics in a commercial development environment.
• Good low-level analysis and understanding of electronic circuits.
• Knowledge of optics, biology, fluidics or molecular diagnostics.
• Familiarity with ISO 13485 and regulated development processes.
• Any experience (or potential) for project-leadership would be a distinct advantage.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV – which should give examples from your experience showing that you have the required skills – stating the reference number above.