SummaryTTP’s Communications & Wireless Group is seeking outstanding and ambitious embedded software engineers. Working with experienced colleagues, the successful candidates will take the lead in specifying, designing and delivering complex wireless devices and other products.
You will have the opportunity to develop leading edge communications technologies and devices and help create new business, in a wide range of markets such as medical devices, satellite communications, and the Internet of Things. You will be able to work with customers ranging from global blue chips to regulators such as Ofcom and ambitious start-ups.
Developing breakthrough products requires deep insight, creativity and engineering excellence as well as a strong appreciation for commercial factors such as cost. At TTP, you will often work at the edge of what is technically achievable and apply your knowledge in unusual and creative ways.
TTP values ambition, leadership, technical excellence and great communication and provides a fantastic environment for you to be in control of your career. You can be involved in an exciting range of projects and client engagements, helping you expand your skills and interests in areas such as business development, project leadership, emerging technologies, and involvement in the many markets in which we and our customers operate.
Qualifications and Training
- A 1st or Upper 2nd first degree or higher from a leading university in electrical/electronic, systems or software engineering, or computer science with a strong applied element
- Candidates with equivalent qualifications in other scientific disciplines who can demonstrate hands-on experience in embedded software are also welcome to apply.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering, microprocessors and embedded software
- Hands-on experience developing and debugging software for embedded microcontrollers or microprocessors, in C and preferably also in C++ and assembly language
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and the value of your work clearly and confidently
- A desire to develop new skills and to take increasing responsibilities.
For a senior role, candidates should have:
- Track record of designing and implementing software systems
- Professional experience that demonstrates an ability to lead and a drive to succeed.
Successful candidates are also likely to have experience in several of the following areas:
- Familiarity with low-level programming, for example bootloaders and hardware interfaces such as CAN, I2C, SPI and UART
- Working with or preferably implementing communications systems such as Internet or IoT protocols, Bluetooth, cellular, Wi-Fi, satellite, LPWAN, or proprietary systems
- Working with databases, web and other Internet technologies
- A range of target platforms and OSs, such as PCs, smartphones, Linux, RTOS, and bare microcontrollers, preferably also porting software between different systems
- FPGA programming using Verilog, VHDL, SystemC or similar
- Device driver, board support package (BSP) or hardware abstraction layer (HAL) development
- Security technologies and cryptography
- Full product lifecycle, ideally from including requirements capture, design, development, documentation, test, and delivery to support into production
- Product development for volume manufacture
- Project management and team leadership
- Building, making or designing things in your spare time.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV – which should give examples from your experience showing that you have the required skills – stating the reference number above.