SummaryTTP’s Communications & Wireless Group is seeking outstanding and ambitious communications engineers. Working with experienced colleagues, the successful candidates will take the lead in specifying, designing and delivering complex wireless devices and other products.
You will have the opportunity to develop leading edge communications technologies and devices and help create new business, in a wide range of markets such as medical devices, satellite communications, and the Internet of Things. You will be able to work with customers ranging from global blue chips to regulators such as Ofcom and ambitious start-ups.
Developing breakthrough products requires deep insight, creativity and engineering excellence as well as a strong appreciation for commercial factors such as cost. At TTP, you will often work at the edge of what is technically achievable and apply your knowledge in unusual and creative ways.
TTP values ambition, leadership, technical excellence and great communication and provides a fantastic environment for you to be in control of your career. You can be involved in an exciting range of projects and client engagements, helping you expand your skills and interests in areas such as business development, project leadership, emerging technologies, and involvement in the many markets in which we and our customers operate.
Qualifications and Training
- A 1st or Upper 2nd first degree or higher from a leading university in engineering with specialisation in digital communications and/or signal processing
- Candidates with equivalent qualifications in other scientific disciplines who can demonstrate hands-on experience in digital communications are also welcome to apply.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of communications, signal processing, digital modulation and filtering
- Hands-on experience developing software for embedded microcontrollers or microprocessors, in C and preferably also in C++ and assembly language
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and the value of your work clearly and confidently
- A desire to develop new skills and to take increasing responsibilities.
For a senior role, candidates should have:
- Track record of designing and implementing communications systems
- Professional experience that demonstrates an ability to lead and a drive to succeed.
Successful candidates are also likely to have experience in several of the following areas:
- Communications systems, audio signal processing or image processing design cycle, from algorithms to simulation and implementation in hardware and verification
- Understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering
- Full product lifecycle, ideally from including requirements capture, design, development, documentation, test, and delivery to support into production
- FPGA programming using Verilog, VHDL, SystemC or similar
- Working with or preferably implementing communications systems such as Bluetooth, cellular, Wi-Fi, satellite, LPWAN, or proprietary systems, particularly at the PHY and MAC layers
- A range of target platforms and OSs, such as PCs, RTOS, DSP/microcontrollers, FPGA and ASIC
- Advanced communications techniques such as cryptography, digital pre-distortion, forward error correction (FEC), MIMO, security, software defined radio
- Product development for volume manufacture
- Project management and team leadership
- Building, making or designing things in your spare time.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV – which should give examples from your experience showing that you have the required skills – stating the reference number above.