SummaryTTP is recruiting for an experienced embedded software engineer to work on the forefront of healthcare technology. In addition to excellent software architecture and coding skills, you will have a broad appreciation of other disciplines and hardware interfacing. You will be developing technologies and products that are game-changing in the world of cancer therapy, fertility, medical diagnostics, handheld genetic testing and antibody production.As a consultant at TTP you will not only be actively contributing to a wide variety of cutting edge technology projects, you’ll be developing commercial propositions and creating new business for the company. We bring deep knowledge, insight and experience to the technical challenges that our clients face, as well as developing our own technologies.
As Consultant Embedded Software Engineer at TTP you will contribute to some of the newest and most exciting technology advances in the healthcare industry. Typical projects are agile and multidisciplinary, often involving close-knit teams of scientists and engineers. As an example, a typical software system might involve control of biology, fluidics, dynamic mechanisms, optics and high-speed signal processing.
This is a consultant role that involves project planning, software architecture development, writing code, and client management. The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and will enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to seemingly complex technical challenges.
Life at TTP
TTP provides a fantastic environment to develop your career. As a technology and product development company, we work closely with our clients to create disruptive products based on advances in technology and engineering. Our consultants’ work lies behind many well-known products and processes in areas as diverse as life sciences, medical devices, (tele)communications, Internet of Things, robotics and many others.
Our Consultants consistently cite three reasons why they love working at TTP: hugely capable and intelligent colleagues; a broad range of technically demanding projects; and freedom to find solutions and generate new business opportunities. As a Consultant at TTP you don’t wait for instruction. You drive our business, forge relationships and deliver solutions.
We have a flat structure where we focus on developing our skills rather than our job titles. Everyone operates and leads rather than manages. The working culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and actively encourages you to do your best work.
Qualifications and Training
A 1st or Upper 2nd class degree from a leading university in Physics, (Biomedical) Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related subject.
Skills and Experience
We employ high-achieving embedded software engineers with diverse backgrounds, but all successful applicants will have excellent academic qualifications, proven technical capabilities, and a strong commercial interest.
• Curiosity, imagination, initiative and creativity.
• Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• At least 3 years’ experience developing embedded software in a commercial, ideally regulated software development environment.
• You will have debugged basic electronics circuits and will be familiar with oscilloscopes, logic analysers and other hardware-focussed test equipment.
• You will be experienced in analysing customer needs and recommending appropriate embedded technology solutions including selection of microcontroller families and the design of control algorithms, communications protocols, user interfaces, etc.
• Fluent in C and at least one other language such as C#, C++ or Java.
• Familiarity with ISO 13485 and IEC 62304 with experience of all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle, from requirements elicitation to software validation.
• Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Android, QNX, Linux.
• Any experience (or potential) for project leadership would be a distinct advantage.
• .NET & Visual Studio; scripting language e.g. Python.
• GUI design and implementation.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV – which should give examples from your experience showing that you have the required skills – stating the reference number above.