SummaryThe successful candidates will take ownership of the mechanical design of new medical devices, drawing on their insight into mass-produced mechanisms, design skills, creativity, initiative and drive.
Join TTP’s Medical Devices team, establish and develop a role. Create the future.
Purpose, Variety and Challenge
TTP’s purpose is to innovate. Working on numerous projects simultaneously, you will input at varying levels within multi-disciplinary teams. Whether we are developing disruptive technology, or creating innovative products, we routinely realise our own and our clients’ most ambitious visions. You will have the opportunity to create new products, make the most of technology, accomplish conspicuous success and maximise your personal impact.
The Medical Devices team has in-depth experience of working to the demanding regulatory requirements of the life science sector, allowing TTP to make its unique product innovation capabilities available to global pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. The Medical Devices team has played a key role in the successful development and commercialisation of class leading products in a myriad of fields including drug delivery, surgical and diagnostics. With a global reputation for excellence, we have advanced healthcare significantly and have had a meaningful impact on people’s lives.
Freedom and career progression
TTP’s organisational structure is minimal, and management is light-touch. Consequently, individuals have freedom to drive their own talents, passions and ideas in the interests of the business; we take a long term view and place great emphasis on career development and freedom. We promote a culture of openness and peer respect, without process or ‘paper’ hierarchy. Initiatives can and do emerge from anywhere in the organisation and we have the capacity and resilience to support individuals in the pursuit of their ideas. This allows capable, ambitious and driven individuals to thrive giving unusually wide scope to progress and influence business success. Consequently, career progression is measured not by job title (we don’t use them), but by genuine responsibility and authority, and true leadership. Our ability to build businesses, both consulting and spin-out, and the continual growth and evolution of our initiatives offers a very broad range of career paths and opportunities for our consultants.
TTP’s freedom extends to personal responsibility for growth and professional development. You will benefit from our focus on identifying your talents, and from ongoing training tailored to your unique requirements. Training typically involves a blend of mentoring, bespoke internal courses and externally run courses.
Internal Ownership and Reward
TTP operate an Employee Share Ownership Programme and is the only large Cambridge consultancy owned by current and former employees, resulting in a far-sighted and unique culture. Staff development, including share ownership and control, have been facilitators of growth and have been central to our success and resilience. You will be given the opportunity to buy shares in the business enabling you to share in the rewards of our successes.
Qualifications and Training
A 1st or Upper 2nd class degree from a respected university in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
Skills and experience:
- Very strong mechanical creativity, insight and attention to detail applied to the creation of reliable mass-produced mechanisms. This will be demonstrated by a track record over a period of years of setting the direction and following through with high-quality detail design in advanced mechanical product development projects.
- Experienced and highly-effective user of Solidworks or Creo
- A strong ability to communicate the value of your work confidently and clearly to team members and clients.
- Professional experience that demonstrates strong self motivation, initiative and a drive to succeed.
- A desire to improve the quality of your work and to develop new skills, focussed on outstanding mechanical design.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- An opportunity to extend and develop your skills and excel in a design led role.
- Participation in a fast moving, world class business, with the opportunity to make a visible contribution to the success and growth of the business.
Skills and Experience
The Medical Devices Group is seeking talented, insightful and ambitious mechanical designers to join the growing team. The successful candidates will take ownership of the mechanical design of new medical devices, drawing on their insight into mass-produced mechanisms, design skills, creativity, initiative and drive. Our work includes development of medical devices focussing on inhalation, injection, high acuity and surgical.
- You will invent, design and develop novel enabling mechanisms for new medical devices, from concept to detailed engineering designs.
- This is an opportunity to make a significant, direction-setting impact, working collaboratively in a small, high-powered project team, developing devices from concept through to production. Ultimately, your contribution will be to design the whole device. Your ideas will visibly improve the product, the treatment effectiveness and the business results.
- You will make important contributions to multiple and varied client projects, taking ownership and responsibility for client requirements by participating in client meetings, responding to complex technical challenges by inventing and detailing the most appropriate solutions.
- You will use your knowledge of materials, high-volume component manufacturing processes and complex assembly processes to develop cost-effective and robust components and assemblies, with an emphasis on injection moulded parts.
- You will create virtual models, oversee the manufacture of prototypes and pre-production parts, liaise internally to work on usability and safety testing, and design and make test rigs.
- Your work will display quality, honesty and integrity at all levels, in particular to address the standards of design rigour that are required to develop successful devices.
- You will relish the opportunity to focus your career development on becoming a world-class mechanical designer.